This is a fish curry made in dry roasted coconut gravy and tastes yumm and is perfect for Rice, Puttu, Pathiris etc.
Varutharacha Meen CurryThis is a fish curry made in dry roasted coconut gravy and tastes yumm and is perfect for Rice, Puttu, Pathiris etc.Noor Nazar
Sliced Pearl Onions
Whole Black Pepper
Green Chillies Slit
Pearl Onion sliced
- Heat a pan and dry roast the ingredients (except chilli and coriander powder and curry leaves) listed under Group 1.
- When coconut becomes golden brown, add chilli and coriander powder and curry leaves. Fry it for 2 more mins. Let it cool. Add 2-3 tbsp, water and grind it to a smooth thick paste.
- Heat oil in the same pan and add ½ tbsp chopped garlic, 1 tsp chopped ginger and 6 sliced pearl onions and 1-2 green chilli.
- After 4-5 mins, when the pearl onions and ginger and garlic start changing colour, add turmeric powder and cook for a min or so. Add ground coconut paste, salt and water (around 1.5 cups – 2 cups). Let it boil.
- Add tamarind and cook for 2 mins. Add fish pieces. Swirl the pan to make sure that the fish pieces are coated well with the masala. Cover and cook.
- When fish is half cooked, add tomato and continue cooking till the fish is cooked completely.
- Switch off the gas and add 1 tbsp coconut oil and curry leaves.
- Enjoy with hot rice :)