Beef Ularthiyathu means Roasted Beef. This dish is a specialty of Kerala and is found in the Southern Kerala.
Beef UlarthiyathuBeef Ularthiyathu means Roasted Beef. This dish is a specialty of Kerala and is found in the Southern Kerala.Noor Nazar
Beef diced into small chunks
Green Chillies (slit)
Dry Red Chillies (slit)
Black Pepper Powder
Garam Masala Powder
Red Chilli Powder
Dry Cononut - Kopra
- Cook beef with a little salt in pressure cooker (do not overcook)
- Take a pan (traditional cheena chatti is best) and heat it well.
- Add oil
- Add dried red chilies and when it puffs up add curry leaves and sauté for 15 seconds.
Add slit green chilies – sauté for 5 seconds.
Add ginger and garlic paste – sauté for 5 seconds
Add sliced onions and dry coconut. Sauté till the onions become golden brown.
- Add salt, pepper powder, garam masala powder and red chili powder.
Mix well and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add cooked beef and mix well
Cook covered for 5-10 minutes on low fire.
- Cook uncovered over high heat and sauté the beef for 5-10 minutes till the beef becomes dark brown and crispy. Sometimes, you might have to sauté it on high heat for a longer time to get the desired crispiness, color and taste.